Original 1960 Orion *** no longer available ***

More
2 years 8 months ago #111 by Evan
Replied by Evan on topic Original 1960 Orion for sale
Ouch! sorry for the loss. I guess that is part of the hobby.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Winglet550
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #110 by Winglet550
Replied by Winglet550 on topic Original 1960 Orion for sale
Tep. Flew it myself and destroyed it!

More
3 years 3 days ago #98 by Evan
Replied by Evan on topic Original 1960 Orion for sale
Such a nice looking plane. With my propensity to push myself too far and crash, you should not sell it to me.

• Winglet550
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #95 by Winglet550
Original 1960 Orion for sale was created by Winglet550
For sale: An original Top Flite RC-1 "Ed Kazmirski" Orion. Built in 1960, this beautiful model is truly an RC collector's "catch of the day". This plane has many neat features and out flew the Astrohog by winning the World RC competition in Zurich in 1960....and two Nationals after that.
If you search "Ed Kazmirski's Orion, you can get all of the specs on this airplane. It comes with a new OS Max 46AX (test stand break-in time only), Futaba servos, full scale original plans, original Assembly and Operating Manual, original decals (yet to be applied), 1960 advertisement showing the kit and price ($27.50), and misc. pictures of "Kaz" Kazmirski with his original Orion. The original Orion now hangs from the ceiling at the AMA Airplane Model Museum.
The last Orion original Top Flite RC-1 kit was sold by a modeler in Gainsville, Florida for $310.00 some time ago. Two other popular Kaz plane kits, the Taurus and the Tauri (later Kazmirski models), are currently for sale on E-Bay at $250.00 and $350.00 respectively (search "Top Flite Tauri)......and the bidding is not over for another 12 hours (Sun. 8:54 PM Pacific). I believe these kits may both also sell for $300.00+, still have to be built and do not include servos or engine.
For a local purchase and pick up the price is $485.00. If not sold locally within two weeks, it will be advertised on E-Bay. You may call if you have any interest in owning a piece R/C model history.
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Winglet550.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds